BlueBioClusters overarching objective is to support and increase the uptake of sustainable blue bioeconomy business opportunities by European (coastal) regions, companies and citizens (incl. low-income populations), to contribute to regional development and the EU Green Deal by improving the services of blue bioeconomy clusters throughout Europe to both public as well as private actors.
- Showcase integrated and circular value chains within the Blue Economy, which can serve as role models and inspiration to European coastal communities
- Provide tools for supporting businesses/regions in integrating ecosystem services into novel ecologic-driven business models
- Provide regional blue bio companies/actors access to the technologies they require to realize their transition to blue bio-based regions
- Stimulate / accelerate the development of an innovative, inclusive blue bioeconomy in the participating regions by enabling entrepreneurs/citizens to realize their sustainable, eco-friendly business ideas
- Foster blue bioeconomy actions in regional development plans and their political / societal uptake through a monitoring and evaluation plan based on SMART objectives.